Need to File a Claim
If an Accident Happens
Access Auto Insurance is here to protect you. Your safety is our first concern. When you have an accident, first make sure that no one is injured, or get help for anyone who is hurt. Only after confirming the condition of the people involved in the accident should you worry about your car and filing the claim.
Whether you just had an accident or you want to know what to do if an accident occurs, here are the basic steps to follow.
Right After an Accident
- Check to see if anyone is injured. If there are injuries, call 911 or emergency services.
- Notify your insurance carrier immediately.
- DO NOT ADMIT FAULT AT ANY TIME. Do not discuss the accident with anyone other than the police officer, your insurance agent or a representative from American Access Casualty Company.
- Get the following information at the scene of the accident:
- Name, address and telephone number of each driver, passenger and witness
- The insurance company and policy number for the other driver’s vehicle
- Photos of the damaged vehicles and accident scene, if possible
- If your vehicle needs to be towed, get an itemized tow receipt that you have signed. Note that if the towing company charges you more than your policy covers, you will probably not get reimbursed for the difference.
- If you need to use the Roadside Assistance coverage that you purchased from us, please call 1-866-638-4527.
Report a Claim
Report the accident to American Access Casualty Company at 630-645-7755, or to your agent, as soon as you can.
If your car is being repaired by one of our preferred body shops, you can follow your auto’s repair progress online at http://www.americanaccessautowatch.com.
We’re Here for You
We know how upsetting and confusing an accident can be. Please feel free to contact your agent at any time about your accident. We try to make this process go as smoothly as possible.
Did Your Car Break Down and you Need a Tow?
If you have our Roadside Assistance Program give our tow service a call at 866-638-4527.